By Tim Tilson
Scenarios are as follows:
1. Puebla- May 5, 1862 - The basis for the Cinqo de Mayo holiday
2. Camerone- April 30, 1863 - Famous last stand of 49 Legionnaires vs. 2,000 Mexicans
3. San Lorenzo- May 8, 1863 - Dawn attack by the French
4. Matehuala- May 17, 1864 - Classic relief force scenario
5. Callejon de la Laja- March 2, 1865 - Mexicans ambush Austrians and Sudanese
6. Tacambaro- April 11, 1865 - First blood for the Belgian Legion
7. Major Dundee- April 19, 1865 - Can you get Charlton Heston back to the US?
8. Rifles for Juarez- December 4, 1865 - Smuggling rifles past the French
9. Santa Gertrudis- June 16, 1866 - Last fight of the Austrian Legion
10. Miahuatlan- October 3, 1866 - General Diaz makes his reputation
These scenarios are organized to be played using The Sword and the Flame, but can be easily adapted to any rule set.
Units are 8 infantry/6 cavalry, allowing for faster play, greater flexibility, and requiring less figures. .
All scenarios are playable on a 5x8' table..
Other sections include:
- Uniform information.
- History of the period.
- How to scratch build structures.